My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

23 January, 2006

Oh Where Oh Where Have My O'Rourkes Gone?










Over the past few weeks I'd been contacted by a few more Doyle cousins, both grandchildren of two of my great-grandfathers siblings. One of these cousins was directed to me by another Doyle cousin, and she provided me with an email address for the other. Connecting with people sharing blood lines is so exciting! Meanwhile, I think I might be ready to tackle the O'Rourke line. I must emphasize the word "THINK", though. This is because I really have little to go on. Here's what I do know:

James O'ROURKE b. 24 Oct 1876. d. 2 Oct 1944.
m. Mary KEARNS b. 22 May 1879 d. 24 Jun 1957. Daughter of John and Bridget (DONAHUE/OE) KEARNS.
Children: Margaret/Nellie O'Rourke. b. 1902. m. Frank McCARTHY b. 1900.
James O'Rourke b.1902 d. 1963. m. Regina DOYLE 1905-1979. This is my grandfather.
Mary/Mae O'Rourke b. 1904. d. 1993. m. James JORDAN 1903-1980.
Lucille O'Rourke b. 1906 d. 1991.
Elizabeth O'Rourke b. 1912. m. George ROCHE

As of 12 Sept 1918 James Sr. was living at 47 Chapel Street in Pittston, Luzerne County, PA. He was a natuaral-born citizen and he worked as a trainman for the Lehigh Valley Railroad. He was of medium height and build and had blue eyes and gray hair. The first finger of his right hand was amputated at the first joint. All of this information is from a WWI Draft Registration Card for James. I do not know who his parents were, or if he had any siblings.

I do have a picture of James Sr.'s gravestone (and his wife Mary's), thanks to Pat, who visits Pittston at times. They are buried in St. Mary's Help Of Christians Cemetery in Pittston. Perhaps someone out there reading this recognizes these names and can shed some light. Perhaps not. At any rate, I do think it's time to break down some walls here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com