My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

15 June, 2006

Networking Opportunity

Rootsweb offers free webpages to genealogy researchers to help them further their research. If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you know that I put a lot of stock in the value of networking. This very blog has helped cousins find me, AOL chats have helped me learn how to do this research and helped me further my goals, and genealogy message boards have increased my potential contacts.

There is a site offered through the rootsweb freepages that I strongly recommend. The Genealogy Lookup Forum is a web-based genealogy look up site. It also has chat rooms. They have general genealogy chats nightly, and scheduled chats as well. I encourage any researcher to take advantage of this resource to increase their networking capabilities and further their research. You do need to register to enter the chat rooms, but it's free and easy (just be sure to allow pop-ups for the registration process only).

Two chats I'd like to emphasize are (1) GENTREK, hosted by GLF-HOST Dae and GLF-HOST Jayne. This chat starts off interactive as chatters catch up with each other and pose questions about their research. Then there is a structured presentation on a specified topic of interest, and then a follow up discussion. Dae and Jayne really know their stuff, so please come over and have a look-see. GENTREK is offered on AOL at 9:00 p.m. MONDAYS in the Genealogy Chat room, and on the Web at 10:00 p.m. on THURSDAYS here.

The other chat is Your Ancestors in Pictures, hosted by GLF-OMcHODOY. Yes, that's me. This chat will be held on TUESDAYS at 8:00 p.m. Eastern time at the Genealogy Lookup Forum. This is the same chat that I used to host on AOL. It is an interactive chat where we share our trials, tribulations, successes, and questions about anything relating to the use of pictures in our research. We touch on topics such as equipment to buy, how to use the equipment, identifying ancestors in photos, scrapbooking, and other photo-related topics. Please come join us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com