My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

16 August, 2007

Same or Different?

Amidst the paternal treasures found a couple of weeks ago was a really awesome picture of a woman sitting in a chair. This picture was obviously once affixed to that horrid black scrapbook paper that was all the rage, as there are bits of the black paper still stuck to the back of the picture. Partially hidden by these scraps of black paper is a name written, with a few letters showing, a few more almost showing, and the rest covered up. What I can see clearly is M D le. It *looks* to be my mother's handwriting, but I wouldn't swear to that. I think this is a picture of my great-grandmother Jane/Jenny Doyle, as she was often referred to as "Ma Doyle". However, a cousin isn't so sure. It could be someone else, for sure, as it was in with a bunch of stuff from my father's line (Doyle is from my maternal line). So I thought I'd post a picture I have that is known to be Ma Doyle and this picture in question.





So what do you think? Is this the same person? Or different? If you click on each picture, you will get an enlarged version.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miriam Robbins said...

In both photographs, the shape of the women's eyes, noses, chins and ears (unattached lobes) look identical to me.

The clothing and furnishings in the photo of the older woman appear to be those of the 1950s. I don't know enough about the style of chair (or the clothing) in the other photo to date it.

My suggestion: run them by Maureen Taylor.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Terry Thornton said...

Colleen, I think the pictures of the same person. I agree with what Miriam said above --- lots of features that look very much identical. I took both pictures, isolated the faces to about the same size; printed them; then I flipped the images and printed them; several more features were observed in the flipped images which matched which I'd not noticed before --- the eyebrows; the bone above the eye; the distances between facial features etc. I tried something similar between a known picture of my elderly grandfather with a unknown but possible picture of him as a young healthy man(in robust good health) and felt I got good results. In any event, you've got two great pictures.

Terry

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com