My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

05 August, 2007

What a Find

I had a rather rough weekend. My dad's second wife passed away a few weeks ago, after a year-long battle with cancer. We had her memorial service yesterday. While in Phoenix over the weekend, I'd gone through the cupboard where some of the McHugh family's history was stored. This is what I found:Four scrapbooks:


The family Bible(not well-preserved, I'm afraid):









My paternal grandfather's certificate of participation in the Manhattan Project from the War Department:
A scroll sent to James Jordan, M.D., my great-grandfather's sister's husband (inside is some type of remembrance of a Papal visit):









Two photo albums (from my childhood and brother's marriage and daughter's first years). And finally, this:
I have a picture of the contents of the above box, but I thought I'd make this interesting by asking readers to guess what this is (those of you who are local and already know are not allowed to post a guess!). Just click on the "Post a Comment" link below with your guesses. I'll reveal the contents in a later post. Meantime, I have a LOT of scanning to do!

4 Comments:

Blogger Miriam Robbins said...

It looks like a small locked box of some kind: jewelry? silverware? Hmmm, since I can't enlarge the photo, it's kind of difficult to guess.

And by the way, if you don't get to it before then, you're welcome to join us for Scanfest on August 26th from 11 AM - 2 PM, PDT.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

case to hold a saber (sword) is my guess...

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

priest's records of birth, baptisms, marriages, death

7:37 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

Town official's records of births, deaths, marriages, etc.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com