My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

30 September, 2007

What a Find

It seems that I'm exclaming "OMG, What a Find!" quite often these days. Today I joined Miriam, Teri, Apple, and Craig for Miriam's monthly "Scanfest". A group of genealogy folks "meet" in a Windows Live Messenger conference and chat while scanning pictures. I spent almost the entire 3 hours just sorting through about half of the pictures that were in my dad's collection. 3 hours just putting pictures into separate piles! Whew!

I did manage, however, to scan one picture that I had to share. It is one of my mother, Jean O'ROURKE (standing) at what looks to be her first communion. It is definitely "someone's" communion, as the other girl in the picture definitely is dressed for the part, with the veil and all. . But my mom's dressed pretty formally too, so maybe it was both of their communions. Perhaps one of my TIGHE cousins know who the other girl is? At any rate, the picture, which I'm guestimating was taken in 1946 or 1947, came out great, thanks to the fact that the original is pretty well preserved.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Hi Colleen,

Sorry it took me so long to get back here. I hope to get lots scanned next month to make up for slacking the last 2 or, um several.

That is a great picture of your Mom. I hope one of your cousins can identify the other girl.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com