My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

28 September, 2007

What Does Your Work Space Look Like?






I finally managed to find space to put all the treasures I'd found from my dad's home and put away the folding table on which it was all resting. I actually have space to WORK!

I bought a few photographic storage containers (archival safe, of course) for the pictures from the delipidated (sp?) scrapbooks. Right now I have one for photos scanned and one for photos not scanned yet (guess which one is fuller? Hint: Thank God for Miriam's Scanfest on Sunday!).

Then I boxed up two shelves' worth of books to sell at an upcoming community yardsale and adjusted the shelf heights. Then I re-labeled the magazine holders and alternated the three of them (one for Family Tree Magazine, one for Genealogy how-to books, and one for Ireland of the Welcomes Magazine) with my research notebooks that hold my documentation. I then placed these items on top of the bookcase, along with the digital scrapbook I'm making and a notebook of GENTREK lessons. Check out ShoeString Genealogy for lots of research lessons!

Then I folded down the card table and put it under my bed, which made more room for my guitars. Finally, I kind of cleaned off my computer desk. There's only so much I can do with that space! I do have an empty tv tray by the desk to use for things I'm currently working on.

Lastly, a picture of
Izzie, my dog. He can't stand to be left out of the picture!
Okay, now that I'm finished with all that, this makes for a good TAG question. So I'm tagging Miriam, footnoteMaven, and Janice. What does YOUR workspace look like?

3 Comments:

Blogger footnoteMaven said...

Colleen:

Thanks for the tag. After writing the article about my great grandmother who built a cabin cruiser in her backyard in one short year, I have often lamented my inability to get my office in shape.

But, you asked for it! Once I finish the COG I will see if my two pups (Zoe and Hunter) and I can get some snaps up.

fM

2:33 PM  
Blogger Miriam Robbins said...

Yikes! I'll have to clean, but I'll be glad to participate! Thanks for the tag, Colleen!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Colleen,

Sometimes you have to be careful what you ask for.

Heheh.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com