My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

13 October, 2007

Introducing

Joseph and Mary (HODICK) McHUGH. I found this picture among the collections that were in my dad's home. It was taken at McVan's Nite Club on Niagara Street in Buffalo NY( it was inside a souvenir photo folder with the club's design on front). I think it was taken prior to 1959, because, along with this picture was another one that had a group of HODICK and McHUGH descendants:The gentleman on the left in front is my father, Dennis McHUGH. He doesn't have a wife with him, and he was married in 1959. Plus, he looks a bit younger in this picture than he does in his wedding pictures. Let's see if I can identify everyone in this picture. I will go from left front to back center and around to right front:

Dennis McHUGH, Joseph SCIBILIA, Noreen (McHUGH)(SCIBILIA)ROZANSKI, Sylvestina (Vesta)(HODICK)(KOVALESKI)KINNEY, Leo KINNEY, (unknown), Joseph McHUGH, Mary (HODICK) McHUGH, Gerry KOVALESKI, and Grace (AGOSTINO sp?)KOVALESKI.

I *think* the man in the back center, labeled (unkown), is either John/Jack KOVALESKI or David KINNEY, and I'm leaning towards Jack KOVALESKI. Also, I'm making an educated guess about Gerry and Grace KOVALESKI in front right.

One of the reasons I enjoy genealogy so much is that I get to play detective in several different ways. First, trying to figure out who people were and what relationship they are/were to me. Second, trying to determine what my ancestors might have been like in real life, which in turn helps me see them as something more than a name on a census page, a character in someone's memory, or a face in a fading picture. Lastly, trying to determine which traits of my ancestors were passed down to me and to my brothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com