My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

13 December, 2007

Advent Calendar December 14: Fruitcake

Think back to high school. Think back to the clubs and/or organizations you belonged to. Think back to the stuff you used to sell to raise funds for those clubs/organizations.

Candy bars. Magazines. Bagels. Car Washes. Fruitcake.

Yes, you read me right. Fruitcake.

When I was in high school, I was active in the Drama Club. Particularly in my Freshman and Sophomore years. We sold several things to raise money, plus ran concessions at the plays we put on. But our biggest fundraiser of every year was selling fruitcake.

Selling fruitcake earned us new props. New costumes. Printing services. Even helped pay for a trip to California's Universal Studios.

Yes, you read me right.

Fruitcake.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

I only know one person who likes fruitcake (my husband), and yet the stores around here can't keep it on the shelf during the holidays. Who eats all this fruitcake?

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com