My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

19 January, 2008

Land of 10,000 Hits

Wow! I made it to 10,000+ hits! My very first post in 2005 was entitled "Why Bother Blogging?". I wasn't sure about the point of online journaling. A friend of mine, Donna, started a blog to chronicle her and her husband's journey through the international adoption process (unfortunately, going on 3 years later she's still waiting, but I think that means they're going to get the best of the best!). I could see the point of that. She's turned it into one heckuvan online community of others in her same situation. She's met several other families adopting from China in real life, and the community they've all formed is quite impressive.

But when it came to a blog for myself, I thought "Who is going to care about my genealogy research processes?". Going on 3 years later, I've had 10,000 hits.

I guess someone does care about my genealogy research process! And I think the genea-bloggers have created just as impressive a community as Donna and her adoption bloggers did! So today I say a big Thank You to the genea-blogger community, all who read my blog, and to the ancestors that started it all:
O'Rourke McHugh

Hodick DOYle

2 Comments:

Blogger Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Congrats on reaching this milestone!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth O'Neal said...

Wow - excellent achievement!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com