My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

10 January, 2008

Only In Genealogy

I have a long-ignored genealogy blog that was intended to serve as "the lighter side" of Genealogy. The hope was to inspire others to write in with their ditties on the funny and/or extraordinarily touching things that only happen in genealogy.

The blog never took off; that's why it's been ignored. I was about to delete it when it dawned on me that it was actually quite funny. It also dawned on me that since my last post in 2006, I'd expanded my "contacts" in the online genealogy community. So I thought I'd keep it around for a bit and try to stir up a little interest.

What I was thinking tonight is opening up the blog to be a "team" blog. Since blogger allows one to use multiple team members to make posts to a single blog, I thought I'd throw the idea out to the genea-bloggers. Take a look at what little is on the blog. I think you'll get a good chuckle. If you think there is likely to be enough material over time to add to it, and/or if you want to be a team member able to make a post as genealogy's little ditties pop up, let me know.

I'd hate to let it go without giving it a chance. After all, who doesn't need a good laugh? (or sometimes, a good cry). Check it out: Only In Genealogy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Terry Thornton said...

Colleen, There ARE some funnies over there. I know. I read. And I wanted to post one at your site --- you directed me to email you (in the blog's banner) but I don't seem to find an email address. Maybe I'm just not seeing the obvious --- but I can't find a way to contact you. TERRY

6:40 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Note for All: DUH. After two years of blogging I never realized I had the "show email" option turned off! It's fixed, and you can click on "View my profile" to get the email link.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

Colleen,

I've added the URL of your humor page to my list of Genealogy links. Hopefully that will generate more traffic.

Genealogists have to be dragged kicking and screaming to make them realize they and their hobby is really funny. Keep up the good work.

Janice

9:57 AM  
Blogger Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

I think Janice has proven that we all have a funny gene.

I'll send anything that comes my way and hope others will too.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com