My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

01 March, 2008

Three Justinas?

My great grandmother on my father's maternal side is Justina (NAHODIL sp?) HODICK (1875-1950). Below is a picture of her family taken in Nanticoke, Luzerne County PA in 1918.
My last post shared this picture of two ladies whose identities are unbeknownst to me: Today I re-stumbled across this picture, believed to be my great grandparents, Edward and Justina HODICK.I did some cropping of these three pictures today, and this is what I came up with:

I'm pretty sure the top and bottom pictures show the same woman. Is it possible the woman on the right is the same person?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colleen,

To me, the woman on the top and on the right appear to be the same (one on the right is the younger version). But the woman on the bottom doesn't seem to have the same features. Like I said, "to me" - one thing about photo mysteries is that they always seem to remain a mystery no matter how many opinions you get!

Donna

5:13 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

The young lady in the bottom photo appears to have cleft lip. If so, that's not something that was easily repaired back in those days.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

LOL Lee, I wondered if it was that or a photo flaw. As it is, The Cleft Lip/Palate clinic where I work is one that I cover, and while a ton of advancements have been made, it's still not necessarily easy to repair. If palate is involved it can take 20 years for everything to finally be repaired!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com