My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

13 August, 2008

S.G.G. C. 3 T. D

Today's Summer Group Games event was organizing at least 20 digital photos into folders, label, add metadata, add descriptions, tags, etc. I couldn't do much in terms of organizing them into photos, as my photos are fairly well organized as they are. I will do some tweaking during the week. Here's one of the photos I metadata'd.

This is my mother, Regina "Jean" (O'ROURKE) McHUGH (18 Jan 1938 - 13 Nov 1988). The picture was taken in Niagara Falls, NY. It was taken with a group of photos that included her cousins, so I suspect it was either after church on a Sunday or at a church event like a confirmation or baptism. I plan on asking the cousins for permission to post some of the other photos, as the pictures with them and my mom are among the best pics I have.

Here's my Summer Group Games tallies to date, starting from Aug. 9:

Category 1: Cite Your Sources. A huge task I'm saving for later.

Category 2: Back Up Your Data: I deferred on this category. No medals for me ;).

Category 3: Organize your research!: I completed Task D: Organize at least 20 digital photos into Folders, etc. etc. So far I've earned a Bronze Medal in this event, but I ain't done yet!

Category 4: Write! Write! Write! I've completed Tasks A, B & C by writing & posting a summary of my blog, participating in a genealogy-related blog carnival, and preparing posts in draft mode to publish later. So far in this Category I've earned a Gold Medal!

Category 5: Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness: I've completed Task A by leaving a comment on a new-to-me genealogy blog, and I've completed Task B by joining several other bloggers' Blog Networks. I have a Silver Medal here so far. I don't know if I'll get any further here, as all the genealogists I know belong to facebook already (I think), I don't think I'll have time to join an indexing project, and the genealogical society here is active only from October through May. Besides, they meet way far from my house during the week, so maybe I'll look into the Computer Society that has a genealogy focus group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com