My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

23 August, 2008

Summer Group Games Final Tally

Many thanks to the organizers, participants, and readers of the many genea-bloggers in the 2008 Genea-Blogger Summer Group Games! Thomas, Miriam, Kathryn and footnoteMaven, to name a few, put in a lot of effort and time into making this event a smashing success. Even if my knuckles are rather raw at this point!

Here are my final stats:

In regards to Category 1: Go Back and Cite Your Sources (C. 1): I didn't do a single task listed! NOT ONE. I did, however, read the recommended article"How to Cite Sources" by John Wiley. Perhaps that will earn me an honorable mention?

On to Category 2: Back Up Your Data! (C.2): I didn't sign up for this event so there!

Okay, Category 3: Organize Your Research (C.3): I didn't complete everything in this one, but I did earn a GOLD Medal by completing Task B (Added metadata to way more than 20 digital file); Task D (Organized way more than 20 digital photos into folders, etc. etc); and Task E (Scanned way more than 20 photos). I did not complete task A (organize at least 20 ancestral files, items, etc) because to be honest, there's nothing to organize. Oh, I have items all right, but they are already organized how I want them. Does that count? I didn't complete Task C because, quite frankly, I'm still scanning photographs; I won't be ready to put them into proper storage units until I'm finished scanning. I also did not create a master list of my files and notify anyone of where they are (Task F).. I suppose I should find them, first ;).

Now, Category 4: Write,Write, Write! (C. 4). I completed Task A (Write and publish a summary of my blog), Task B (partake in a genealogy related blog carnival), Task C (prepare several posts in draft mode to pre-publish), and Task D (Write a brief biographical sketch on one of your ancestors). I did not complete task E (Sign up to host a future carnival) because I didn't have time to find one that needed a host! So that leaves me with a DIAMOND Medal!

Finally, Category 5: Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness (C. 5): I commented on many new-to-me genea-blogs (T. A). I joined several genea-bloggers' blog networks on Facebook Blog Networks (T. B). And while I didn't join a genealogical, historical, heritage, or lineage society, I DID register for the 2008 Family History Expo in Mesa, Az in November! Does that count, since our genealogical society is only active Oct. through April? At the least, I earned a SILVER Medal for this category.

My Totals: 1 Gold medal, 1 Diamond Medal, and either 1 Silver Medal or a second Gold Medal. I'll let the judges make this call.

Thanks again to all who partook in this great event!

1 Comments:

Blogger Moultrie Creek said...

Congratulations on all your medals! I'm impressed with the extraordinary efforts put out by all the participants. A special thanks to Thomas, Miriam and Kathryn for their efforts organizing both the Genea-Bloggers group and these games. What a wonderful way to build community!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com