My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

My name is Colleen and I find dead people.

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]

10 February, 2008

And The Winners Are...

This month's edition for the Carnival of Genealogy asks readers to select award-winning posts in the following categories:


Best Picture - Best old family photo that appeared on your blog in 2007. Tell us which you liked best and why.
Best Screen Play - Which family story that you shared in 2007 would make the best movie? Who would you cast as your family members?
Best Documentary - Which was the best informational article you wrote about a place, thing, or event involving your family's history in 2007?
Best Biography - Which was the best biographical article you wrote in 2007?
Best Comedy - Which was the best funny story, poem, joke, photo, or video that you shared on your blog in 2007

For "Best Screenplay", the only nominee and thus the winner is:
FURRY FAMILY, posted on 6 May 2007. This post was actually a follow up to a post from 23 Feb 2006 entitled "It's All Gone to the Dogs", but since this is a 2007 awards show, Furry Family wins! Why do I think this post would make a good movie? Because dogs always make for good movies, and what a fun story it would be to have the dogs of my ancestors' lives and the dogs of my life meet and explore life together


For "Best Biography" I had to cheat a little bit, since I didn't really have any biographical posts in 2007. I don't have many stories of my ancestors, unfortunately, so this was a difficult one to pick. I chose
"Well Waddaya Know?" posted on 23 Nov 2007. This post describes a first glimpse, really, of the McHugh clan of Nanticoke, Luzerne County, PA.


Now, for the final two categories, I had to cheat. I could not narrow these down to just one post, so I chose the nominees. Readers are to determine which they think should win and post their thoughts to this post for the COG. When votes are in, I'll announce the winners. Sorry, Jasia, but these two were too much fun to pick just one (rhyme intended).


For "Best Comedy", I narrowed it down to FIVE posts, all of which will be linked to make it easy for you :). First there is th post from 18 Sep 2007 entitled
"Forgive Me". This is the one where my ancestors did the square dance! Hopefully the video will work, as it wasn't yesterday and today I get sound only (Jib Jab was having problems). Then there are several posts from my Advent of Christmas Memories series: "Santa" from 5 Dec 2007 and "Grab Bag" from 6 Dec 2007 (these two are related and a vote for one is a vote for both; they win together or they lose together!). The third choice is from 10 Dec 2007 entitled "Holiday Travel" and the last is from 13 Dec 2007 entitled "Fruitcake".

Finally, the nominees for "Best Picture" are:
Maryann McHugh, posted in "It All Balances Out" on 6 Apr 2007.

Maryann McHugh, posted in "Thank You, Veterans" on 10 Nov 2007.

Regina "Jean" O'Rourke-McHugh, posted in "What a Find" on 30 Sep 2007.

Edward Hodick (3rd from left), posted in "Nice Matters" on 2 Sep 2007.

There you have 'em. The winners and nominees for the "Best of" for 2007. I expect to see lots of votes in the "Comments" section for this post to pick the winners of the Best Comedy and the Best Picture categories!

2 Comments:

Blogger Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

For Best Comedy I have to vote for Holiday Travel. We're using a snow day today :-)

For Best Picture - It All Balances Out. That picture is priceless.

5:31 AM  
Blogger JEWELGIRL said...

Terrific pictures. Your iGene
posts were good! I am glad you
were having fun with this!
Is your Gorski line from Poland
to ? Wisconsin possibly?

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
http://www.hit-counter-download.com